Tuesday 18 December 2012

Maybelline Colossal Smoky Eyes Mascara


Maybelline is one of my most trusted brands I've come to realise. 
I never thought too much about Maybelline and it's products, but then I realised the foundations I've loved and swore by for the last 5 years have all been Maybelline. My first mascara was the Great Lash mascara and I've repurchased that about, oh I don't know, a million times in my day?!

But as I started earning my own money and working amongst other brands I branched out and tried Yves Saint Laurent mascara, L'oreal and also found a new favourite and settled for a while with Boujouis Glamour mascara!
Unhappy about having to pay £11 every 2 months for my Boujouis Glamour fix, I really just had an urge to try this one.
I remember it coming out when I was younger and my friends sister had the orignial one. She said how great it was but when I compared the price (roughly £9 when I was paying £4.99 for my great lash) I never ever thought I would be able to afford it, aw youth.

So since this one is meant to be all dark and smoky, I thought i'd give it a try!


The wand is a natural bristle brush which i feel is good if you already have quite full lashes, it just helps to give it that extra oomph.


so here i did a swatch of the Colossal Smoky eyes on the left and Maybellines other popular mascara Falsies on the right to see if it was any darker or smoky.
Judge yourselves, i think it's pretty the same though...
(by the way I really dislike falsies :( )



My eye with nothing on my lashes at all.


Here I curled my eyelashes for 9 seconds with just a cheapy H&M eyelash curler



With a few coats of Maybelline Colossal Smoky Eyes Mascara!

I'm quite a fan, I really like the look it gives my lashes.
I do feel it doesn't hold a curl so much and it would be a good idea to take the tube out and about with you and throughout the day just top up a bit here and there, but that's something I can live with.
I feel that for me, this is good every day, at night I could use darker colours and make it more smoky but for daytime it's just dramatic enough. 
The last time I went out for a meal with friends I went to put my false lashes on and then realised that with this mascara I don't feel I need any, so I put them down and just went out with this on! 
Plus people have been asking if I have falsies on anyway, result!

I really recommend this mascara, I believe its £7.99 and you will find it anywhere there is a Maybelline stand!

Go run, go, quick go get it!
Have you tried this?
What is your favorite mascara??
xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment