Monday 17 December 2012

Yummy Yankee Candles!






So I'd love to start by saying how it's Christmas so that means the sickenly sweet Yankee candles come out, but really it's all year for me. 
I'm the kinda girl who wears Britney Spears Fantasy in summer, I'm not ashamed to leave a cloud of cotton candy where ever I go - even in 40 degree heat!

I see where it comes from though. 
The foodie scents are comforting, like that smell on a cold winter day where you bake tasty warm treats as it's cold outside and you're snowed in. 
I may have gone a bit day-dreamy there (In my mind I'm also baking in a sweet cottage, dream!) 

I'm not completely bonkers though! I would never ever burn the Christmas Cookie candle any other time than December, that would be just shocking and so wrong, some things do need to be sacred. 

I have asked for a big jar of the Christmas Cookie from my mummy and I'm torn, do I burn it that evening or save it for the next year?
(I know I'll end up burning it)

Red velvet doesn't really need to be a seasonal candle, it smells like Vanilla Frosting which Asda do all year round for £1 so that's my default Yankee, so I'm not sure if I will repurchase, but it was recommended by beauty gurus Eleventh Gorgeous, so I had to give it a whirl!

I so recommend any of these candles, Christmas Cookie is Clinton Cards scent of the month (of course!) at the moment so you can pick it up for 25% off & actually, it's the one I recommend the most!

Yankee candles are a tad pricey but if you're a fan of a good candle in the evening then to me, Yankee is the only way to go. 
You can get food smells in other brands much cheaper, but to me they don't smell right, they're always missing something or do not smell like what they're meant to be, however Yankee get it right every time!


One day I might step away from the foodie candles and onto something else.......




... hahaha sorry that was such a funny joke.

I will so continue to buy food scents which smell like cake, sweets and sugar just like I will forever wear Fantasy in summer.

If it's not broken, don't fix it!

What is your favourite Yankee Candle? 
I would love to try more!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment